We seek to inspire all our members to engage in study that enriches their lives both in the Synagogue and in their home
Cheder at NPLS is a friendly, enjoyable and educational time for the children who take part in this important introduction to Jewish life.
We provide classes for children from reception to year 10 on term time Saturday mornings and children study both Hebrew and Jewish studies.
Through a fun and engaging programme, children attending our Cheder:
- develop an understanding of how Judaism, particularly Liberal Judaism, affects their beliefs, values and experiences
- feel part of a caring and exciting community
- wish to continue an active Jewish life after Cheder
- are introduced to the possibility of a spiritual and religious life
Regular participation in our Cheder allows the children who study with NPLS acquire the following skills:
- a reasonable knowledge of Judaism
- competency in reading Hebrew
- the ability to take part in congregational life, including Synagogue and home services
- the understanding that Judaism is a way of life and not just a set of facts
Helpful documents for our Cheder parents:
To register your children for Cheder for the 2019-20 academic year, please click here.
For further information, please contact our Education Coordinator or Rabbi Lea.